Commemorative bronze statue featuring 3 bronze World War II commandos amid mountain scenery. It is dedicated to the men of the original British Commando Forces raised during World War II.
Situated around a mile from Spean Bridge village, it overlooks the training areas of the Commando Training Depot established in 1942 at Achnacarry Castle. Unveiled in 1952 by the Queen Mother, it has become one of Scotland’s best-known monuments, both as a war memorial and as a tourist attraction offering views of Ben Nevis and Aonach Mòr. This entry was posted in Blog, Scotland 2019